Monday 13 February 2012

Today, beautiful 13th

So, it's been a while since I wrote here.
I have of late (actually since yesterday) indulged myself into the art of origami. I was disappointed and surprised to find that my fingers weren't very nimble and were uneasily adjusting themselves to the art form. Creasing paper was something that they didn't very well comprehend. My first attempt was at making paper cranes, possibly one of the most difficult origami forms to start with and every time I got to the step called petal fold, I got stuck. My sister, the nimble one with the perfect hand-eye coordination succeeded in finishing 3 while I sat with 3 unfinished ones. Mine didn't look very elegant (needless to say). Thankfully on the 4th attempt, I got the petal fold right and I only have my sister to thank for it. I decided to give it a go again the next day. These were to be a part of my Valentine's day project! Gifts for my friends...one would get the crippled origami, one a table lamp i am half-done with, and the other, a cake. Yes, i am quite confident about my baking skills!
I came back home today jubilant but tired and sat down with the origami. Butterflies today! However (surprise, surprise) my hands stopped after a point of time. Turns out I'm not very good at visualization- any step that requires me to imagine a line or fold something along a faint line in a specific but unobvious manner ends up in my brain getting fuddled. Two butterflies lay like the unfinished cranes.
I attempted another crane but found out I couldn't make the petal fold on one side. I couldn't even cut a square piece of paper. :/
I have decided to leave it be and go downstairs and finish the table lamp and leave origami for tomorrow morning with help from my sister. :)
Cake is due for tomorrow too. And I hope all across the world, as many people as possible have a Happy Valentine's day!

picture from www.deviantart.com

by ~daskull


No comments:

Post a Comment